Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reflecting Back and Moving Forward

This past year has been very long and difficult for our family. As I sit here now I look back at all the trials and struggles and have to take a minute to thank God for seeing us through to the other side. I appreciate my struggles because I know they happen for a reason. I try to think of my troubles as opportunities to learn and help others who may go through the same struggles.

"He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." 2 Corinthians 1:4

It is a surreal feeling to sit here and look around at my family and my home. My heart is bursting with joy. It's a relief. We made it, we finally made it, and here I sit looking back across this canyon of pain and separation that seemed much too wide and much too deep to cross. God had a plan and a purpose. He is love and His love carried us through.

That being said, the McGlone family is starting a new chapter. The boys and I have just moved to Florida where Luke was waiting for us. He worked hard to get everything unpacked and all the furniture set up. We've been here for 1 week 3 days and have been busting our tails to get the house organized and decorated. Of course with any move you have to buy new things to fit the new house. We still need to get some window treatments and rugs, but other than that it feels like home. I can't wait to see what adventures God has in store for us in Florida!

No comments: